Monday, September 30, 2013

Zippo Lighters and More

These are all of my new, unused Zippo lighters.  Most are from the last 20 years, except maybe, the 2 on the bottom right.  I don't think Zippo puts one out every year, but when they do, I go and buy one.  Actually, the 2 lighters on the upper right both came out in 2013, but the second one is listed as the 2014 edition.
















2014, 2013


















Some of the other lighters that I have found are a bit tattered, but nonetheless collectible.  I have labeled them.  The Storm Master is in excellent condition on the outside.  I am sure I could find a new insert.  Those lighters were produced by Bowers Manufacturing Co. from 1962-1975 and were known as "advertising" lighters.  An organization or group would order them in quantity and hand them out as promotions.  Due to a newly developed process ( The aluminum lighters produced domestically during 1962 were improved with the addition of acid etched, photo silk screened finishes enabling them to make great advertising lighters that were brightly anodized in the new anodizing process they were then employing *)The Bowers history is quite interesting and the Storm Masters came out during a period of strong competition with Japan.
*  http://www.bowers-mfg.com/about-us.html























I also have a couple of older, disposable lighters.  The first is called a Feudor lighter.












and I also have a cute little novelty lighter...







I recently added another old lighter to my collection.  It is a 1965 NFL Properties lighter in average condition.  It is not a zippo, but was manufactured by Park.  There is some sort of advertising on the back that references a place called Tiffiny's (not Tiffany's).  I have no idea on what/who that is.

















Zippo Black Matte has now been added:












Just added an old Zippo, a Park lighter and a throwback style Zippo made in 2015.  I also bought another butane lighter that is metal.























I'm not really familiar with the FSO lighters, but I own one now.
















This lighter is known as The American Football lighter...mus be from Great Britain, or somewhere:
























The following is an old link from 2006 when I only had a few zippo's.
http://bearfanatic34.blogspot.com/2006/05/zippo-lighters.html







1 comment:

CUMarketer said...

I have that same lighter that was made by Park and has the Tiffiny's advertising on the back. Is this worth anything?