Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Brian Urlacher Collection


Certainly, if one is to be a purveyor of Bears' collectibles, the current player of choice has to be Brian Urlacher. In fact, he has always been (I believe) a top 5 money maker for NFL Properties. Apparently people everywhere buy his stuff. Jerseys are very popular and unfortunately, I don't have any of those. Now that I think about it, I only have one decent trading card of his.....Wait....Two....


One is a 2000 Sage autograph
and the other is
a PSA 10 SP Authentic Rookie. The card pictured here is not my actual card, but trust me, it was easier to find a similar card online than trying to used my stone aged scanner.

I am also a big figurine collector, or "dolls" as my wife calls them...... I have action figures, figurines and (as far as I know or have seen, EVERY Urlacher Bobblehead). Yes, it is true that many of my collectibles are classified as "toys", so what? Maybe I missed out on childhood.

McFarlane Figures replaced the defunct Kenner/Hasbro Starting Lineup figures in 2000. I have a Series 2 Urlacher, plus a dark Jersey Variant ($120). The series had about 4 variants all together.
In 2003 McFarlane made a 2 pack with Brett Favre and Urlacher and a 12 inch figure hit the market in 2004. There was also a 3 inch figure in 2004 and the regular Series 9 issue. Series 9 had another Variant figure wearing all blue. Needless to say, I own all of these issues.

and I have a lot more. Most everything I have remains in the packaging. To me that makes a collection more valuable. I have a 2002 Memory Company figurine, an Upper Deck Game Breaker , EXtreme Action figures (blue and white)a small pewter figure, Gracelyn Re-Plays, Forever Collectibles Rock 'em, a Bendable Bobble, Memory Company ornaments, a miniature bobble magnet, a little pocket pro..(to be continued)oh yeah, a snow globe...To be cont.
3 inch Pewter
Mezzco
Upper Deck Figurine
Memory Company
Forever Collectibles
Image hosting by Photobucket





And then, like I believe I mentioned earlier....I have Brian Urlacher Bobbleheads...I have basically purchased every single one I have ever seen, so I believe that I have ALL of them so far. There MAY be some other rare ones some where, who knows? I'm not going to guarantee my statement 100%. Of course I am aware of the 18" and 36" dolls and I do not have any of those...Yet (smile)

Here are some of them:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an either 641 or 647 of 5000 Brian Urlacher snow globe, the one with the gloved hand holding the globe like you have pictured, what do you think is the fair market value for that? it is still in its styrofoam protector, thanks

Anonymous said...

I am trying to find a Brian Urlacher snow globe for my husband. He has one but the glue under the Brian figurine must have worn our because it is floating in the globe now. I've looked online and have not found any available. Please advise. Thank you.