Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Posters - Yeah, I Have Posters....


....too many to hang on the walls, anyway. Many are "new" and still in tubes. I'm not a real fan of collecting posters and then putting scotch tape all over the corners, or poking holes with pins, or even using that tacky, putty stuff. I'm just sure that stuff HAS to eat away the original finish on the poster...So, most of mine are nicely framed. There's a ton of posters out there in the world; I just buy the ones that float my boat. My all time favorite is THE one above.

The eighties and the Super Bowl were responsible for the creation of dozens of posters...some of them were related to popular TV shows or Movies at the time. Others like McMahon's General MaCarthur were historical. I like my Chicago Vice (spinoff of Miami Vice) with McMahon and Payton.


The Honey Bears were nice...I have a 1977 and 1978 poster of the "squads".

Then there's Super Bowl stuff and posters right after like "Junkyard Dogs", "Black and Blues Brothers","Back with a Vengeance"...


And of course all of the Walter Payton posters...I have 3 from his Hall of Fame Induction. I also have generic posters with logos and helmets, Urlacher posters, etc..It's a never ending collection...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you still have the Chicago Vice poster? Would you be willing to sell it?

BearFanatic34 said...

Sorry, I don't sell, but I have seen this poster on Ebay quite a bit.