Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Memory Company

The Memory Company burst onto the scene around 2002 (maybe even 2001 with a 1st edition Santa figurine) and began producing a few specific items for the NFL, as well and MLB, and maybe some others. I believe that initially their niche was carved toward Christmas items such as Santa and Snowman Figurines and smaller scale ornaments that mirrored the Santa figurine. The first products made were in 2002. I had to make a decision on which direction to go, as a collector, so I chose their smaller Santa ornaments and their 7"-8" Snowman figurines. I will display my "Christmas" Bears' stuff in a later section.


My Collection Blog here is starting to resemble a freakin catalog, but without a decent digital camera/scanner I have chosen to utilize internet pictures that I have downloaded and saved and then uploaded....

2002 first brought the Brian Urlacher figurine with a $50.00 price tag, follwed by the simple (and HEAVY) resin Bobblehead:

The following year, the Company got creative and made a "Touchdown" Bobblehead that actually appears to be diving for the end zone pilon. Also made in 2003 was the "Powerplay" figurine, an interesting mold of a Bear's player fighting off some pesky division rivals.
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket


2004 brought a more generic look to their products and they produced a helmet-type standing plaque and what they call, a logo "C" figurine.
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

I don't know why, but around 2004, The Memory Company decided to venture off and went away from the typical figurine/ornament business and dumped "these guys" into the collector's (and/or regular consumer-type person's) market......Of Course. I HAD TO HAVE THEM!!!!!! .....Cookie Jar and a Piggy Bank...they are pretty good size, too.



and finally, well for now....My Memory Company Snowman collection...the series began in 2002 and they are all 7-8" tall and are also snow globes as well as figurines. 2002 was named "The Water Globe Snowman", 2003 -"Snowman Cheer", 2004 -"Snow Fight Snowman" and 2005 is "Stadium Snowman"....

No comments: