Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Arts and Crafts

I have a few unique Chicago Bears items that I will classify as art. One is some sort of a recessed Chicago Bears player head made up of a paper mache material. It is old school, I believe, because the player helmet has the old style "white C" on the helmet. Plus, the player seems to represent a tough, hard-nosed type of guy. It is signed by Dick Dahlstrom. I'm not real sure who he is, but he does show up on an artist roster when I googled him.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My second piece is a print from a limited lithograph that I bought directly from the artist at a tailgate party the year the Bears played in Champaign, IL. The artist is Paul Ashack and he is renowned for doing Chicago Sports art. He has a nice website, if anybody is interested. The name of my print is "Back In The Day" and it represents tailgating at the old Soldier Field. Mr. Ashack was kind enough to autograph it for me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My third unique item is really nothing more than a poster. However, the guy I bought it from at a Bears Fan Convention happens to be the guy that took the photograph that is depicted in the poster. It is THE picture where Walter Payton is goofing around in practice and is pulling down Matt Suey's shorts. The photographer, Jim Mantaenis autographed the poster for me. He was working the Fan Convention signing up organ donors for the Payton Foundation. He was working off a deal with the Paytons (I believe)to obtain exclusive rights to THAT photograph, for he was just beginning his own Sports Photography Company.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: