Friday, October 19, 2007

These Past Few Months...


...I have been fortunate to add a few more items to my collection. There are some things that you just wait for, things that you think that you don't really want or need, and this was one of those items...yes, one of those items that brings out the little kid in me. It's a stuffed animal. However, it is a high quality piece of work from a highly respected manufacturer of collectible bears known as Cooperstown Bears. My particular gem is a 16 inch mohair bear with articulating limbs and head. It has the Chicago Bears uniform (with Walter Payton's #34) and a helmet. These normally retail at $179.00 with a limited production of 3,000. Here's the kicker. Mine is serial #'d 0034/3000...that's right, it has Walter Payton's jersey number as the serial number! The value should be greatly increased. I don't think the seller had a clue and I was able to buy it for $40.00

I have also located a June 16, 1970 Chicago Daily New newspaper (front and back page) which was the day that Brian Piccolo's death was reported. Brian Piccolo is a Bears legend who died early from cancer.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've increased to my rare bobblehead collection to include a 1961-1966 Type Two "Toes Up" nodder. These have a value of $200-$300 and mine is in fairly good condition. The decal on the front is a little worn.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I grabbed up a few more Brian Urlacher rarities...a limited to 2,000 special edition Bobblehead that was given away at a August 21, 2007 Schaumburg Flyers game. I guess that is some baseball team, but I don't care...I just collect Urlacher Bobbleheads. In addition, I have also purchased a 3 piece Russian Nesting Doll set with Urlacher, Olin Kreutz and Mike Brown. Nesting dolls are usually hand made and hand painted, so each one is somewhat different. They are really not that valuable, at this point.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In September of this year McFarlane Sportspicks issued a special boxed set of Brian Urlacher. This is the beginning of several new Bear issue pieces that will be offered this late fall and early winter. The Urlacher figure is the same pose as his Series 9 issue, only with a new paint job. Box sets allow collector's to actually remove the figure from it's packaging for display, but of course, I would never do that. LOL. Mine will display nicely in it's original box.




In addition, I have added a few more die cast vehicles.... The 2007 Upper Deck Transporter/Hauler, which has a Peterbuilt tractor and is the 17th in a series dating back to 1990. I have them all. More little die casts were added to my collection, as well...the 1:64 Ford Adrenalin and the F-150 Concept truck...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh, and finally, how could I forget....the 1986 Dairy Pak card of Walter Payton. Those came from the side of Milk Cartons back in the day...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have #49 of 3000 of that Walter Patyton Bear...what do you think the value is? Feel free to email me at rhoades_brian@comcast.net