Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Bobbleheads

The following are a collection of my Bobblehead dolls that are NOT Brian Urlacher (he has an entire section dedicated to himself)...I really never intended to get into collecting Bears' Bobbleheads, it just happened. I found a rare one fairly cheap, and then I find a unique one, and then the next thing you know, I NEED MORE!

I've got Dick Butkus Dolls from the special issue Hall of Fame to the Monical's Pizza Butkus...a 2003Santa Bobble, Mickey, Goofy and Donald Duck, McDonald's of A-Train and Urlacher that were recalled due to lead paint, a weird looking Canadian, man-faced Bobblehead...

Here's a pic of the group and then I will show a few individually. If you look closely you can see the likes of Dick Jauron, R.W. McQuarters, Jim Miller, Marty Booker...I think for awhile, the minute a bobblehead doll came out for a Chicago Bear, the player (coach) changed teams.



The oldest I have is a 1962 square "wood base" (if you every become an expert on NFL Nodders, you will find that they are categorized as square base, round base, gold base, toes up, etc. etc.) and I also have a 1968 "Merger Series" which is the year both NFL AND AFL dolls were made.....all were hand painted:



Here's a Dan Hampton Hall of Fame, a regular Butkus and one from the National Sports Convention, and one of Ditka:



I have a ceramic player doll made by SAM, Inc. in 1995, fairly rare. Rumor has it that the paint wasn't dry when they shipped and most were recalled. Only 1,000 have supposedly made it into the seconday market. I will also show you a 2002 Pacific "Heads Up" bobble of Anthony Thomas and a 2002 Sports Illustrated piece. Pacific sent out bobbleheads with cases of their card products.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And of course, we have THIS young man....Rex Grossman. This is a Draft Day Bobble that stands about 10-12 inches tall.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

D.G. said...

Hi, I too have the square base 1962 hand painted Chicago Bears bobblehead and would greatly appreciate getting an idea of what you would price that particular one if you were to sell it these days. Thank very much.

Unknown said...

I HAVE TWO UNIQUE BOBBLE HEADS THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN, I DID NOT NOTICE THEM IN YOUR COLLECTION. THEY ARE MADE BY SAM, INC. AND COME IN GOLD BOXES-I HAVE BRIAN PICCOLO AND GALE SAYERS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL AT-firewood831@gmail.com!!
THANKS