Monday, September 30, 2013

Trading Cards

As far as trading cards go, I have a ton.  My forte (get it?) is getting high end rookie cards at low prices. Of course I have Ditka, Sayers, Butkus, Payton and Urlacher rookie cards, and Cutler and Forte, etc. etc.  I also like the oddball cards; the really bizarre ones.  Right now I am trying to complete a couple of collections: the 1991-92 Proline Portrait Autographs and the 2004 Playoff Prime Proof and Prime Proof Signatures.  It's frustrating when each card has 8 different variations, but that is what makes it fun, too - to get one of each of those.  I also collect the 1985 Edge Time Warp 8x10s of Dick Butkus.  they are all autographed and show Butkus getting ready to tackle a player not from his era - hence the "Time Warp" thingy. I'm not going to post all my cards here, but you get the point.  I might have a list saved on Beckett.com.  I will have to check.






















































































Some limited, low #'d Butkus cards











































Clockwise from top left:  Michael Westbrook, Emmitt Smith, Marshal Faulk, Jeff Blake (triple auto w/ Junior Seau) Emmit Smith home uniform, Jeff Blake


















2007 Leaf Limited  ^^^^^^^^^^^^




















2004 Upper Deck Legendary Lines of Defense - 3 HOFers
24/25 made




























and how can we forget these marvelous Draft Picks



















I bought a large Mike Singletary collection which included these with on card autos.



















1990 Little Big Leaguers
















1990 stickers, 1993 Frito Lay stickers, 1997 Poker Chips










No comments: