Monday, September 30, 2013

Pins and Pinbacks






















Above is my pin collection that hangs on the wall.































The following are things that I have not yet posted:





























The middle picture (humping Bears) is of a pinback that was supposedly owned by Ron Zera, who worked for the Chicago Cubs for years.

and who can forget The Fridge?






















....small Super Bowl XX pin, about the size of a quarter...I have never seen one like this:














The Jaycee pins were used to trade at a convention.  The one on the left is actually larger and has a blue tone backround.  The middle pin is from the lion's Club in Platteville, where the Bears held Training Camp years ago.












1990 Ace MVP card and pin from Pacific of Mike Singletary, 1991 for Neal Anderson and the final pic is a 2002 Cadillac promotional pin for Dan Hampton's Hall of Fame induction.












These above, I assume, were stadium giveaways in the 60s or 70s.
here is another I just recently purchased.

























I love the following 1994 Coca Cola pin of Chris Zorich:


















I like oddball pins.  This one is an advertising Volvo pin for the Vikings/Bears game played in Sweden.























I purchased a Game Day pin of the Bears/Packers Monday Night, prime time TV game on November 4, 2017.  The pin depicts Bears QB, Jay Cutler #6 and Green Bay's standout linebacker/defensive end, Clay Matthews #52.  I don't buy a lot of these Game Day pins.  This one was funny because both those players were injured that game and never played.  Bears won 27-20.

                                                   1990 Garfield collection of 3 pinbacks:



I went to several Fan Conventions in Chicago, and am trying to collect all the pins.

No comments: