Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sweet Walter

PhotobucketOne can NEVER have enough collectibles from the greatest football player ever. I picked up a few rarities as well as a couple of oddities. The Art of Sport figurines, limited to 250, are some of the nicest figures ever made. The one I found was the autographed version without the autograph...If you look at the figure it has a history of breaking high on the ankle that rests on the base. I don't know if I broke it taking it out of the box, or it was already that way. I paid far less that the $300.00 and higher value, so I just glued it carefully and moved on. It displays nicely.

PhotobucketCheck it out. The original Walter Payton Roos shoes/cleats....BRAND NEW and in MY size...the Payton facsimilie autograph on the heel, the 34s on the tongues and backs and the velcro/zipper pocket under the Roos logo. I will never wear them (Well, one can NEVER say never - certainly I must try them on - right?)!
Photobucket
There are newer versions, but I believe these shoes were the originals in the late 70s early 80s.

Anybody remember the 1978 RC Cola can with Walter's image. I have the flat aluminum panel before it was manufactured into the can. Nice.Photobucket

And what fan would pay $2.99 for a penny. Well, I did for this one. I carry it around for good luck.Photobucket

No comments: