Saturday, April 18, 2009

Some Games, Toys, Die Cast and Miscellaneous

It seems nowadays that the NFL will enter into licensing agreements with almost any manufacturer that can produce any sort of item that will provide exposure of NFL teams, while at the same time making the NFL some money. Well known games and toys from the past are now being recreated to represent your favorite team. And, of course, as always, if it says Chicago Bears on it, I WANT IT! So yeah, I just had to acquire a Mr. Potato Head, a hot rod car that makes engine noise and plays a football song and a piggy bank that plays the Bears' fight song everytime a coin is deposited.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

I've got a good start on "game" collecting, as well....just acuired a nice Bears/Packer chess game and a Connect Four game.

Photobucket Photobucket

And I had to buy those ever popular games of fun, like Yahtzee, Jenga and the new version of monopoly. I already have a Bears monopoly game but this new one depicts players on Super Bowl XLI roster and highlights Urlacher, Tommie Harris, Greg Olsen and Devin Hester on the box lid.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Speaking of Devin Hester, 2008 brings him the distinguished honor of being made into a McFarlane Wave 2 action figure, as well as an Upper Deck card with a 1:64 1967 Mustang die cast car and another card with two cars. I bought these plus the "variant" McFarlane where Hester is wearing blue sweat bands instead of white.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

I updated my die cast collection of haulers to include the 2008 Upper Deck truck. I now have every truck since the series started in 1990. WOW! That's 18 freakin' years. I have added to my 1:24 die cast collection of cars, as well, to include a 2003 NASCAR edition race car, and the 2006 Upper Deck Corvette. I'm a little concerned about the 1:24 cars. The NFL has been sponsoring them since around 1993 and I don't think they made one for 2008. That makes me sad.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Here are a few miscellaneous additions to my crazy ass collection: a light up, musical snowman ornament, a tiny pewter train set, a miniature level...oh yeah, and a Memory Company Snowman snowglobe with a matching miniaturized version. It's called the "Surfboard Snowman" and was made in 2006. I now have 6 of the snowmen in the series.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: