Saturday, September 13, 2008

This and That

Wow, seven months have passed and I am way behind on posting my new acquisitions. I guess I'll get started with some oddball stuff. For some reason, I just love unique things...like, I don't know, How 'bout a bowling pin?
Photobucket
I already have a 1970's bag and a Bears' bowling ball, might as well get a pin.

And while we're in the sporting mode, how about a Fred Arbogast designed fishing lure. I'm not sure of the date but Fred made these lures for Sports Lures Inc. of Willoughby, Ohio. The lure was made for all NFL teams. This is the same lure that Fred Arbogast sold as the Pug Nose without the NFL logos.Photobucket

One week Ebay auctioned one of these floaters for nearly $30.00. The next week I bought one for $1.99

I just recently painted one of our bathrooms in bears colors and have been decorating it with a few nick nacks (or is it knick knack?) already on hand. There are a few items in this 1999 collectible box, so I purchased it. I kind of question the "collectible" label placed in these bath and body items, but nonetheless...Photobucket

Here's something quite odd, more like freaky. It's a bust of a football player's head that was handpainted to represent a Chicago Bear. It kind of gives me the willies to look at it. I think I'll hang it in the toidy and spook the ladies.
Photobucket Photobucket

The following are a couple of posters that are somewhat unique. One is a life sized, Mike Singletary growth chart and the other is a 1988 team poster (made by Kodak) that measures a HUGE 51 x 73.5 inches. I now have it hanging on the wall. It takes up a lot of room, and even though Walter is not in it, it has many players that gave Bear fans a lot of memories....like 3 QBs, McMahon, Tomczak and Harbaugh...also Hall of Famers like Singletary and Hampton.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I bought a card album of Mike Singletary that included a whole lot of newspaper clippings that I intend to go through in detail some day. The cards were not necessarily high value, but some were oddball (which I like) and many have original autographs...at least 8 of them.
Photobucket

One can never have enough Bear telephones. This one is kind of cheesey and generic. You put your favorite team stickers on it, in this case, Bears vs. Dolphins. You press a button and it goes into a guy giving a play call of a touchdown. Oh well.
Photobucket

Here's a few items that I don't believe that I have posted on here before, but they have been in my collection quite awhile....a 1996 Motor Coach by White Rose that also makes sound when you push down on it..."TOUCHDOWN, TOUCHDOWN BEARS!!!" I also have a nice set of chimes and a metal locker bank. I seem to have quite a few banks in my collection.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Speaking of banks, I just bought the neatest bank ever...it's all steel, 5.5x7x8 inches. You place a coin in the quarterback's hand and press a lever. The receiver runs a bout 4 inches and turns, just as the QB launches the coin into a large hole in the receiver's jersey. You really would have to see this in person...definitely one of my new favorite toys. This thing retails at around $50.00
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: