Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good Stuff - Piccolo, Sayers, Super Bowl, McMichael and Ditka

How many years? How many years? How many years have I tried to find a Brian Piccolo 1968 Topps rookie card that was in decent condition and available at a decent price? Finally, I GOT ONE! Brian Piccolo was the Chicago Bear who died of Cancer at an early age. His card is know to be in error, with his name spelled wrong...Bryon Piccolo.
Photobucket

Bradford Exchange is a renowned supplier of quality collectibles and I have obtained the small (4 inch) Gale Sayers mini plate. It looks nice on the "Sayers'" shelf.Photobucket

It seems like some sort of unique 1986 Super Bowl XX stuff always seems to appear on Ebay. I found a sharp pinback with a Bear player holding a Patriot on the turf with his foot. I also added yet ANOTHER telephone with a GTE press telephone actually used during the Super Bowl game. It has the date inscribed on it with the Patriot and Bear helmet logos attached.Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Maders Tower Gallery in Wisconsin is known for many collectible steins and one was made up to reflect the 1985 Bears. I have not seen many of these but the bottom of the stein says that 19,860 were made (I'll have to double check that - it must be 1,986). Double checked, and I was wrong. It says 19,860. Maders must have 18,000 of them socked away in storage, because I have only seen 3 on Ebay in 12 years.
Photobucket

There's not a lot of Steve McMichael collectibles out there but I found an ESPN Bobblehead made for him as a radio announcer and this one IS autographed on the back.
Photobucket

Some Mike Ditka stuff I have recently obtained is more of his restaurant stuff. I purchased a nice collectible box of steak knives and some vacuum sealed Super Bowl XX labeled cigars.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you ckeck your site often? I would like to chat with you, I am a big collector as well and would love to chat. I also have items to trade possibly. DA BEARS!

renata said...

hi im from brazil i dont know much about football or the bears i mean i enjoy it but i dont know much about it and i was wondering if someone could help me find some cool present to my boyfriend he is a bears fanatic.. my email is delfimrenata@yahoo.com
well thanks to all

Anonymous said...

hi there....im huge fanatic myself....and I love a particular item you have....maybe I have something you would want and we could possibly trade ....t_rav3434@yahoo.com