Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Trying to keep up with the die cast business has been tough. I would guess that I have about 5-10 issues missing from my collection (that I know about). The NFL changes "approved" manufacturers of certain products every few of years....Ertl made the 1:24 cars (banks) from 1993 to 2000. In 2000, White Rose Collectibles stepped in and made a panel van and in 2001 through 2005, Fleer was back in the picture. Fleer made a LOT of stuff in a few short years and ended up going bankrupt in May of 2005....Guess who bought their Die Cast business? Well, it's Upper Deck, so who knows what's in store for 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket

Here are some pictures of what I own...I also have more that I don't yet have photos of. I took a bunch of pictures over the weekend and I will scan them in as soon as I get the film developed.

Where do I begin? How about the smaller stuff. here's a collection within a collection of Fleer 1:64 (approx)when they made small vehicles and provided an "Ultra" trading card to go with it. It started in 1999 with Curtis Enis and continued in 2001 (Yukon), 2002 (PT Cruiser), 2003 (Mustang Convertible) and 2004 (Cadillac escalade) with Brian Urlacher cards.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Mantua Train box car 1992 (first series): Image hosting by Photobucket

Ertl bi-plane coin bank (late 90s): Image hosting by Photobucket

2003 P-51 Airplane by Fleer: Image hosting by Photobucket

2003 B52 Stealth Bomber by Fleer: Image hosting by Photobucket

2004 P-47 by Fleer: Image hosting by Photobucket

2002 Monster Truck - Fleer: Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's a 2003 Sideline car..most come with a blue chassis. I own a rare "orange" chassis version with a limited production of only 232: Image hosting by Photobucket

In 2003 Fleer Collectibles started a 1st in a series of Muscle Cars (I am still missing that car, but I'll get it, don't worry..Series 2 and 3 were a stingray corvette and a cobra (those I have): Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Like I mentioned earlier. White Rose Collectibles made the 2000 NFL issue. It's now pictured on the bottom right of my "pyramid" of cars below. It's a panel delivery truck. Fleer took over again in 2001 and 2002 and made a Thunderbird and a Cadillac Escapade 1:24: Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket


They also produced a 1955 Chevy Pickup and a 1940 Ford in 2003 and 2004. there is a 2005 model, but I don't have that yet, either:
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

No comments: